BEYOND THE MUSIC’S ACCESSIBLE EMPLOYMENT GUIDE
Attitude is Everything are launching our new Accessible Employment Toolkit with an online panel streamed live from the Moth Club in partnership with Route featuring: Robin Millar OBE (Chair, Chrysalis Blue Raincoat) Harry Jones (Freelance Festival Accessibilty Consultant) Paul Hawkins (Head of Volunteering and Skills Development)
- More TBA
The panel will discuss the barriers Deaf and disabled professionals working in the music industry.
- Why are Deaf and disabled people under-represented in the music industry?
- Why do industry professionals who are Deaf, disabled, Neurodivergent or who have long term or physical health conditions often hide these conditions?
- How can music industry organisations show that disabled people are welcome to apply for roles and ensure that recruitment processes are accessible?
- What does the industry need to do to make networking and industry events accessible to people who are Deaf, disabled or neurodivergent?
- What can the industry do in order to lead the way in terms of creating an accessible working environment where staff feel safe to be open about who they are?
About our Accessible Employment Guide: The Guide is part of our Beyond the Music Programme, a three-year programme funded by the National Lottery Community Fund to improve accessibility to the music and live events industries for Deaf and disabled professionals, employees, and volunteers.
The online live stream of the event will have captioning and a BSL interpreter
Presented by LNZRT LTD.
This is an 18+ event