- FOR IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR DAY OF EVENT, PLEASE READ "THINGS TO KNOW / FAQ" SECTION AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE *
The 3rd Annual West Adams Block Party returns this Labor Day Weekend on Sunday, Sept. 1 at 12pm on LA’s historic West Adams Blvd. for a free celebration of unity, love, life, and culture. This family friendly event will space six blocks on West Adams Blvd, from Delicious Pizza (5419 W Adams Blvd) to Fais Do Do (5257 W Adams Blvd) and is proudly presented by Delicious Vinyl, Dreamhaus, Lets.Give, West Adams Family, Elevate Culture, Embrace LA, Fusicology and Herb Wesson's Office (District 10).
The block party will feature six stages with 40+ live music and DJ performances spanning Hip Hop, Reggae, Afrobeat, Cumbia, Funk, Dancehall, Latin Jazz, Soul, Salsa and Disco (see lineup and stage info below). Artists set to perform include GRAMMY®-winning rapper Big Daddy Kane; Jamaican dancehall artist Mr. Vegas; soulful Reggae and R&B singer Lila Iké; influential Reggae DJ Yaadcore; eclectic Latina DJ Mia Carucci; The World Famous Beat Junkies with special guest T3 of Slum Village; Compton, Calif.-based artist/MC/writer Ill Camille; Producer/drummer and DJ Tiara Monique; Jamaican Dub innovator Scientist, Trinidad and Tobago-born, L.A.-based designer and DJ Foreigner; daughter of Stephen Marley and rising DJ Shacia Payne; Amplify Africa x NNEOMA; internationally acclaimed L.A.-based DJ R-Tistic; West Coast legendary hip-hop DJ/producer Chris “The Glove” Taylor; Neo Soul vocalist Jhamasa; former KCRW DJ/producer Jeremy Sole, L.A.-based DJ KiiLu Grand; notable Los Angeles DJ CeeBrown; DJ and videographer from Belize Lady X; influential beatsmiths/DJs Exile and Budamunk; DJ/producer and Decibel Festival founder/curator Nordic Soul; funk mistress DJ Glenniest and many more.
The event will be hosted by DJ QwessCoast and Cece Valencia from 93.5 KDAY and will also feature 50+ merchandise vendors and 15+ food vendors (see vendor list below).
Entry is all-ages and FREE with RSVP at dice.fm/wapb (REQUIRED FOR ENTRY).
A limited number of V.I.P. TICKETS (premier seating, 2 drink tickets, poster) are also available for sale at dice.fm/wabp
Doors open at 12pm and the event ends at 8pm, followed by The Official After Party taking place at Fais Do Do (8pm - 2am)
- ALL SIX WABP STAGES AND FULL PROGRAM ANNOUNCED * This year the West Adams Block Party is expanding from two to six official stages spread across our six block footprint (Redondo to Hauser). With over 40+ performers and music styles ranging from Hip-Hop, Reggae, Soul, Afrobeat, Funk, Dancehall, Latin Jazz, Cumbia, Salsa and Disco; there'll be something for everyone this year. Here's a complete break down of each stage.
DELICIOUS / MAIN STAGE (All-ages / 12pm - 8pm / located in front of Delicious Pizza) Presented by Delicious Vinyl, Delicious Vinyl Island and Delicious Pizza With icons like KRS-One, Talib Kweli, Doug E Fresh and Masta Ace gracing the main stage in 2017 and 2018, classic Hip Hop has reigned supreme West Adams Block Party. This year the Delicious / Main Stage is injecting a healthy dose of Dancehall, Reggae, Dancehall, Afrobeat, Reggaeton and Cumbia into the mix. Lineup: Big Daddy Kane, Mr. Vegas, Lila Iké, Yaadcore, Mia Carucci, The Beat Junkies w/ special guest T3 of Slum Village, Ill Camille feat. DJ Tiara Monique, Chris "The Glove" Taylor, DJ CeeBrown, Ellis Block and hosts DJ QwessCoast and Cece Valencia
ROADBLOCK STAGE (All-ages / 1pm - 8pm / located on the corner of Cochran and W Adams) Presented by Foreigner By borrowing traffic sign imagery, encouraging guests to pull their best motorsport looks, and featuring vintage BMW’s as props to climb and dance on, Roadblock is a slight nod to the premise of defiant, lawless, masquerading revolutionary roots that Afro/Caribbean music and carnival festivity are rooted in. The WEST ADAMS ROADBLOCK will feature 10 DJ’s atop A TRINIDAD CARNIVAL STYLE TRUCK STAGE delivering relentlessly vibrant and joyous SOCA, DANCEHALL AND AFROBEAT RHYTHMS all day until sunset. Lineup: Lady X, Shacia Payne, SwaziSujshine, Zuri Aida, Chief Boima, Mysta Crooks, Tomi Tribe, Major League, Fly Zulu, DJ Epik and Foreigner
FAIS DO DO STAGES (21+ / Full Bar / 11am - 2am / located on the corner of Cloverdale and W Adams)
Presented by Soul Therapy, Dub Siren HiFi, Delicious Vinyl Island, Namaste Studios, Foreigner and West Adams Family
This year we’re proud to be partnering with one of West Adams’ most iconic venues, Fais Do-Do; a gumbo of eclectic music and diverse people coming together to build a stronger community by offering exposure to new cultures, foods, sounds, and philosophies. With three unique stages and a multitude of activity spanning yoga, dancing, a funk BBQ, live music and the Official After Party, Fais Do Do will be a welcome addition to this year’s block party.
Lineup: Scientist (After Party), Subatomic Sound System (After Party), House Shoes, Shacia Payne, Mysta Crooks, Jansport J, Roommate (After Party), Natural High (After Party), Hitmakerchix, Zuri Aida, Roommate, Daryle, DJ Glenniest (yoga set), Wyldeflower, DJ Epik and G33ZY
RECORD BOX TRUCK STAGE (All-ages / 12pm - 8pm / located on the corner of Dunsmuir and W Adams) Presented by the Record Box Truck and West Adams Family The Record Box Truck has the distinct honor of being both a stage and vendor at the West Adams Block Party. Curated in collaboration with The Record Box Truck and West Adams Family, come shop, dance and listen with some of the best Hip Hop, Funk, Soul and Disco selectors L.A. has to offer. Lineup: Jeremy Sole, Exile, Budamunk, Jhamasa, Nordic Soul, Glenniest, PDH Entertainment feat. Tha Conclusion, Red Light Vinyl, Jose Jurado and more TBA
BOOMYARD STAGE (21+ / Full Bar / 12pm - 8pm / located behind Delicious Pizza) Presented by Delicious Vinyl, Delicious Vinyl Island and Delicious Pizza Located behind Delicious Pizza and next the V.I.P. / Delicious Stage viewing area you'll find the Boomyard Stage, which will be playing host to a wide assortment of special guests and deejays spinning an eclectic assortment of hip hop, reggae and funk throughout the day. Boomyard is also home to one of two bars located within the West Adams Block Party footprint. Lineup: Natural High, Mysta Crooks, DJ Daneekah and many more TBA
- OFFICIAL WABP AFTER PARTY ANNOUNCED *
All roads point to Adams Blvd! This year we’ll be closing down the West Adams Block Party with an Official After Party at Fais Do Do featuring a stellar program of Reggae, Dancehall, Afrobeat and Soca.
Dub Siren HiFi / Delicious Vinyl Island Stage lineup: Scientist feat. General Jah Mikey and DJ Lady Eyela, Subatomic Sound System, Natural High, Roommate and special guests
Roadblock Stage lineup: Shacia Payne, Hitmakerchix, Zuri Aida, Mysta Crooks, DJ Epik and G33ZY
Doors at 8pm / 21+ Tickets available at dice.fm/wabp2 Fais Do Do: 5257 W Adams Blvd
- MERCHANDISE AND FOOD/BEVERAGE VENDORS ANNOUNCED * This year’s West Adams Block Party will have our largest and most diverse selection of vendors to date (50+ merchandise booths and 15+ food/beverage trucks/booths). Here’s a list of confirmed vendors (more to come).
Merchandise vendors for the West Adams Block Party include: Record Box Truck, B. Gems, Runway Boutique, Four Ground, Party Affair Store, ENFUSE 88/Treatmentroom, Kiara The Voice Massage, Delicious Vinyl, Soul People, High Art Tattoo Gallery, Niknak, The Don, Nitz by Nat, Kelly, Chigola's Marketplace, Kinetik Soul, Old Dirty Money, West Adams Crop Swap, Ayo Waistbeads, JDN73, Lot XI, A Man Who Sews, High Fidelity Records, Scent Germain, Junie Bees Butta, Shaddy Business, Xxposure Photography, Through the Grace of Shea, Revamped Glamour, Ash.A co, Brianna Bags, Kasheera, Zoe’s Vintique, The Global Trunk, Nena’s Organics, Atlas, Boom, Devin James Art, LA Cuties Nail Salon, Hibiscus Boutik, Wifey Inc, and more to be announced.
Food/Beverage vendors/partners for the West Adams Block Party include; Alta, Delicious Pizza, Fais Do Do, Rockenwagner, African Chop, Adams Coffee, POKE2GO, Billionaire Burgers, Soulistic Food, Vital Proteins, Fancy Ice, Richeeze Melts, All Flavor No Grease, The Bleu Kitchen, Creole City, Dream Donut Truck, Grilled Fraiche and more to be announced.
- LIVE STREET ART * Artifesto will be 15+ live artists in the center of the West Adams Block Party on Sunday September 1st all-day, including Narrator, Boom, Ron the Killer, Paloma Montova, Moongiia, Skillit, Chris "Tex" Waterman, Dubeejunk, Oscar Manzano, Edwurd Desvermin, Crumster, Dezcjon, Gregory Reitner, Kacktus Jelly, Mufasa and Jesse Jacobellis.
In addition, Artifesto will be hosting a 4-way GetDown battle from 3-5pm. The battle will be announced and commentated by Inspired Josh and will include artists Darin, Jay2, Jackie Hernandez, and Nana. So rest those vocal chords and get ready to cheer for your favorite panel, Much More to come!
- KIDS ACTIVITIES * The West Adams Block Party prides itself on being a free, family friendly event for all ages. Regardless of you affinity towards music, dancing, food and shopping; we’ll have an assortment of activities for the kids, including multiple jumper castles, inflatable soccer field, jumbo games, hopscotch, corn hole, board games, free kid portraits and cotton candy.
- FREE YOGA SESSION * Presented by Namaste Studios and West Adams Family The morning or September 1st as kick-off to the West Adams Block Party Shira from Namaste West Adams will be leading the class and DJ Glenniest will be providing the soundtrack for the yoga flow.
11am - 12pm / all-ages welcome / Please bring your own yoga mat
RSVP at dice.fm/wabp Fais Do Do (Ballroom) 5257 W Adams Blvd
- COMMUNITY PARTNERS * We'd like to offer our sincerest gratitude to the 2019 WEST ADAMS FAMILY COMMUNITY PARTNERS whose support is vital to this year's program (more TBA).
Hulu / Wu-Tang: An American Saga Vital Proteins Rockenwagner Headwraps in the Park Tecate Delicious Vinyl Dreamhaus LA Lets.Give West Adams Family Elevate Culture Presents Embrace LA Herb Wesson’s Office (District 10) Delicious Pizza Alta Joymode Namaste Studios Fusicology
THINGS TO KNOW, CODE OF CONDUCT & FAQ (PLEASE READ)
THINGS TO KNOW
- Festival gates open at 12pm and the Block Party Ends at 8:00pm (After Party at Fais Do Do begins at 8pm)
- The event is rain or shine
- The block party is all-ages, family friendly and FREE WITH RSVP dice.fm/wabp
- VIP tickets are available for sale at dice.fm/wabp (21+ only)
- Those without an RSVP will be admitted, but it may take longer for you to get in
- The main entrance will be located directly in front of Fais Do Do (5257 W. Adams Blvd)
- Early arrival is encouraged to avoid longer than average wait times
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed (water bottles are ok)
- Parking is extremely limited. Uber and Lyft highly encouraged!
- The festival will include two main venues for alcohol consumption, The Boomyard Stage (behind Delicious Pizza) and the Fais Do Do Stages (5257 W. Adams Blvd)
- There'll be 6 music stages spanning 5 blocks along Adams Blvd and 50+ performers. A complete list of performers and schedule can be found at deliciouspizza.com/westadamsblockparty/2019
- In addition to the nearly 20 food/beverage vendors, all of the business on West Adams Blvd will be open (bring your appetite)
- Additional activities include shopping (50+ merchants), kids activities (jumpers, soccer field, jumbo games, free candy), live art (20+ live artists), silent disco, dancing and more!
- Alcohol consumption will only be permitted in designated areas, which are exclusively 21+ (The Boomyard and Fais Do Do Stages)
- Acceptance of credit cards and/or cash will vary by vendor. ATMs will be available
CODE OF CONDUCT West Adams Block Party is committed to creating a safe and memorable experience. In order to provide an environment where families can enjoy the festival, we have instituted a CODE OF CONDUCT inside the venue. The following actions will result in warning and or ejection:
- Irresponsible use of alcohol
- Public nudity or obscene clothing
- Accessing seated/restricted areas without proper passes
- Taunting, abusive or disruptive language and obscene or offensive gestures, imagery or symbolism
- Urinating in public (anywhere other than a proper restroom)
- Damage, destruction, vandalism or theft of any property
- Possession/use/sale of illegal drugs and weapons
- Engaging in sexual behavior in public
- Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten or bring discomfort to anyone
- If an individual participating in this behavior is uncooperative or a persistent offender, he/she will be removed from the venue site and festival wristband revoked. In certain situations, the offender may be arrested.
What kind of passes are available? FREE EVENT WITH RSVP at dice.fm/wabp TICKET AFTER HOURS at dice.fm/wabp2
Can I upgrade to VIP tickets at the event? Yes, when you got to dice.fm/wabp and click “BOOK NOW” you’ll have the option to select the “DELICIOUS VINYL V.I.P. BOOMYARD” Ticket. Please note, V.I.P. tickets are only 21+
Which Band/Artists will be playing each day? You can view the entire lineup by day at deliciouspizza.com/westadamsblockparty/2019
Is this event all ages? Yup!
What time does the Festival start? The gates will open at 12pm
What time does the Festival end? 8pm, but there will be an 21+ After Party at Fais Do Do beginning at 8pm
How many stages will there be? There will be six stages, including the Fais Do Do Stages (21+ / Redondo), Roadblock Stage (Cochran), Record Box Truck Stage (Dunsmuir), Boomyard Stage (21+ / Hauser) and Main Stage (Hauser)
Are there ins and outs? Yes, you will receive a wristband that will allow you to come and go. You may have to wait in line to get back in.
Where is the festival located? Between Fais Do Do (5257 W. Adams Blvd) which is where the main entrance is located and Delicious Pizza (5419 W. Adams Blvd) which is where the artist/VIP entrance, main stage and Boomyard Stage is located
What will parking be like? Depending on when you come, street parking will be incredibly limited.
How can I get there? We HIGHLY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO TAKE UBER OF LYFT, and have them drop you off and Fais Do Do / Main Entrance (5257 W. Adams Blvd). Artists, guests, partners and VIPs can come in through the entrance nearly Delicious on Ridgely Street
Will there be shade? There will be several shade structures, including the food/vendor area, the Roadblock Stage, Fais Do Do Stages (21+) and the Boomyard stage (21+)
Can I bring a chair? Unfortunately due to capacity and safety concerns, we can’t allow outside chairs in.
Will there be First Aid on site? Yes, medical stations will be clearly marked on EMT tents.
Can I bring my medical prescriptions (asthma, insulin, etc.)? As long as all medications are properly labeled with your name, phone number, and emergency contact. Names on prescriptions must match the person’s I.D.
Can I bring water into the festival? Outside food and beverages will not be permitted, however you can bring empty containers to refill at our free refillable water stations
Will there be water? Yup! There will be refillable water stations throughout the fest.
Will there be food and beverages? Of course! There will be over 15 food vendors and all of the restaurants within the WABP Perimeter will also be open for business.
Will there be vegetarian options in the Taste Tent? Absolutely!
Will there be ATM’s? No, so please bring credit cards and/or cash with you for purchasing food, drinks and merchandise.
Can I bring my Service Animal? Your service animal will be permitted into the event so long as they remain on a leash or held, and are wearing the appropriate vest or paraphernalia marking them as working or service.
ADA and Service Animal Guidelines: Typically service animals are permitted into events so long as they remain on a leash or held, and are wearing the appropriate vest or paraphernalia marking them as working or service. ADA guests who need to bring in outside food typically would be able to go in so long as gate security is aware. Last year this came up a handful of times and we told the guest and security that they needed to explicitly tell security it was for ADA needs.
ADA can go through a separate line, or a VIP line.
ADA guests do NOT have to provide any documentation that they are in need of the service assistance. It is fine to ask that the animal is wearing the appropriate vest or paraphernalia showing it is working or in service.
As it pertains to ADA viewing areas, ADA guests are allowed (1) companion to join them in the ADA viewing areas. The reason for not allowing more is to ensure there is enough space to accommodate all ADA guests.
Presented by West Adams Family, EMBRACE LA, Delicious Vinyl, DICE US, Delicious Pizza, Dreamhaus & Foreigner.
This is an all ages event.