Account Manager (Culture)
DICE is changing how fans discover and buy tickets to live experiences. And now we're expanding beyond music.
We've defined this role as part of the newly formed Culture team. Like with music, the new culture section of DICE will be entirely curated - largely by you. You will be handpicking the most amazing experiences in London and bringing them to DICE customers. This could be anything from underground theatre to pop up restaurants to cult fitness events to hidden yoga classes or more. It's not Billy Elliot.
You will be forming and growing key relationships with partners on a day-to-day basis to ensure their needs are met and exceeded, collaborating across departments at DICE and within the Accounts team to deliver outstanding results.
- Handling incoming requests and enquiries from the organisers.
- Helping organisers make the most of DICE and the power it has to reach large active audiences
- Working with DICE Marketing and Ticketing teams to deliver hassle-free event activation and production.
- Cultivating new relationships with partners and ensuring DICE maximises its relationships with existing promoters, artists and managers in order to secure the best possible ticket inventory.
- Compiling reports and reporting key performance indicators to the rest of the team.
You’re an industry professional with a deep and broad knowledge of what's happening in London. You have key relationships with event organisers already and keen to develop that with DICE.
You love experiences and perhaps have promoted your own. You understand the thrill of seeing something live, and your passion and enthusiasm is infectious. You’re the person who dominates the stereo and turns friends on to new experiences.
You’re a self-motivated, ambitious person who loves people. You’re keen to learn but already tech savvy. You love hitting targets and see DICE as an opportunity to join a start-up early on that has a global vision and have your work and efforts make a direct impact on the company and its product.
Your experience and skills:
- You have at least two years experience working with event producers/managers
- Bonus points if you have experience with ticketing
- You have excellent account management skills
- You can get into Shoreditch for 9am.
- You think BIG.
- An insane knowledge of culture
- You're smart, maybe not "I topped my class smart" but you know what's up.
- You're detailed. You know it's not just about the ideas, it's about EXECUTION. This is very important. If you're not 100% then you're not right for this role.
- When someone puts in "you love learning" in a job description, you think "who doesn't?"
- When asked to work nights and weekends, you're in.
- At least once a week we all look at you and realise that one day you'll be our boss.
You'll be working with smart people who have amazing ideas that become reality. We have access to some of the biggest people in entertainment and it's a chance to shine.
Our work environment is great with free breakfast bar, drinks fridge, social events and we often invite well known inspiring guests to come and chat.