We built DICE for fans. We’ve gone from being a tiny six-person company in London to a 90+ person (and growing) a company that is now launching around the world.
DICE is obsessed with using great design, a high scale software, and innovative AI techniques to be the world’s best platform to discover and buy tickets to amazing live experiences. The world’s most talented artists work closely with us to make sure their tickets go to their fans, not scalpers or touts.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Engineer to join our AI product team.
We want a leader who is passionate about building and scaling data science platforms and comfortable supporting the diverse needs of multiple teams. You’ll be in an inspiring and fast-moving environment as part of a cross-functional team, working closely with developers, designers, testers and product managers. But you’ll be building tools, maintaining high scale systems, and testing theories to arrive at essential insights that will help disrupt a global industry.
Our Lead Data Scientist works remotely so we are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to collaborate closely with him whilst being present in our London office to keep the culture/energy going.
We work in an iterative approach, designing, building and trialling out new concepts quickly to test our assumptions and create the best service for our fans. We also aggressively pursue the best approaches to the many challenges we face in delivering a high scale and richly personalised services. We want engineers open to collaboration and that want to be an integral part of the product design process.
- Developing end-to-end data management solutions including database schema, database back-up & management, and performance tuning.
- Coach and mentor team members both present and future hire.
- Build but be strategic in terms of elevating what we are building
- Research and develop solutions to ensure the scalability of our data infrastructure.
- Ship internal but also customer-facing features.
- Regularly ship a variety of data products from data infrastructure to the productionalisation of Machine Learning models.
- You know how to performance manage data engineers as we grow. (This is something to keep in mind for the future)
- You have contributed to the development of engineers and peers around you.
- Iterating on solutions based on internal and external feedback.
- Strong experience building high scale, high-reliability end-to-end data solutions and pipelines
- Experience putting models into production
- You have worked with distributed teams
- Collaborated closely with third party data consultancies and understand how to get the most out of them.
- A great communicator who is not afraid to speak out but is conscious of other peoples feelings.
- Understands Radical Candour
- Strong data architecture skills
- Experience gathering and consolidating data from external sources
- Experience with sparse data environments
- Solid development experience with Python or Golang
- Advanced SQL skills
- Expert knowledge of analytics databases such as Redshift
- Extreme attention to detail and quality-orientated
- AWS experience
- Good knowledge of UNIX and bash
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or similar
- Experience with Spark and Hadoop (bonus)
- Good understanding of Data Science (bonus)
- Experience with PyTorch and/or TensorFlow (bonus)
- Experience with weak supervision and other novel approaches to sparse data problems (bonus)
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Mental Health and Wellbeing programmes
- DICE Development Programme
- DICE credit to spend on gigs
- Regular socials
- Free breakfast
- We love our HQ in East London check it out here