DICE is growing fast and we have a savvy, smart and captive audience. We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join the team and ready for a challenge as we continue to grow at a rapid pace.
You will help us manage our large cluster of production and development servers and will be working with an amazing cross functional team of developers, data scientists, designers, testers and product managers working closely together to disrupt a global industry. We're building for the future.
You are a strong team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to manage additional technical resources to meet the project requirements. You have the ability to evaluate and implement new technologies to improve our infrastructure.
- Linux - shell level - proficient
- Comfortably use all the tools mentioned down to medium level here: https://github.com/chassing/linux-sysadmin-intervi...
- Experience with managing VMs over SSH
- Programming skills
Extra stars for
- Experience in provisioning tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- Experience with Big Data Frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop
- Experience in orchestrating tools such as Terraform, Cloudify, Kubernetes, OpenStack
- Experience in setting up and maintaining nginx
- Experience in setting up and maintaining haproxy
- Experience with cloud services like: Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, Digital Ocean
- Experience in Ruby, Git, Github, working with pull requests and code reviews.
DICE has been live for nearly 3 years now. In that time we've grown from being a tiny, scrappy start up to a slightly larger, scrappy start up with the ambition and backing to change how ticketing works. You will get your ideas supported.
We have a fun, social work environment. Free breakfast. Free private healthcare. Cheap gym. Incredible speakers visit on a weekly basis. No arseholes.
If you don't live in London that's OK. We have excellent communication channels with our remote team and will fly you in if needed.