DICE was built for fans, and we’re on a mission to get people out more. We’ve grown from a six-person start-up in London to become one of the fastest growing consumer businesses to originate from Europe.
With a network of hundreds of promoters and venues, with access to the highest quality gigs, club nights and festivals, we want to ensure our partners have the best experience selling their tickets with DICE.
We’re looking for a Partner Services Agent to focus on the French market, providing our partners with the best service and ensuring their needs are always exceeded. You’ll be the first point of contact for any request, and will need to know all the processes around partner lifecycle like the back of your hand.
You’re the kind of person who never loses their cool, always finds a way to solve any problem and can prioritise really, really well.
NOTE: This is a full-time role based in our London office, and requires working a fixed schedule of hours across seven days per week. But don’t worry, we’ll work together closely to find an arrangement that works.
- Onboarding promoters and venues
- Setting up events
- Responding to all partner emails - be it requests for event changes, compiling reports, payment queries, or anything else
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements and making it happen
- Spotting bugs and internal tools requirements, and communicating them to product team
- Fluency in French and English
- Experienced in the ticketing or music industry
- You have at least 1-2 years experience dealing with customers in an online/digital environment
- Great support isn’t just about answering emails - it’s about problem-solving and you love that
- You’re methodical and detail orientated. You’ll always make sure you’ve addressed the partner’s problem before you fire off a reply
- You go the extra mile, but believe in small gestures too
- You’re not too shy to get stuck in and hustle to achieve the best result
- You understand that good spelling and grammar conveys trustworthiness to our partners
- You can work flexible hours: your shift can be anything from 8am to 8pm, including some weekends and public holidays, but we’ll work with you to find the best mutually convenient times
- Fluency in German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish is a bonus