ORGAN MORGAN (SOCIALLY DISTANCED)
Thanks to Arts Council England
Broadside Hacks presents..
Organ Morgan +Support
Dracula's Toothache Single Launch
Named after the hermetic composer from Dylan Thomas’s Under Milk Wood, Organ Morgan formed to play half a decades’ worth of material penned in various fields surrounding McMillan’s childhood home. The band’s first formal appearance was in 2018 at The Old Queen’s Head, Angel. Before that, McMillan’s songs were only heard in the small hours as groups of his friends staggered home from their revels.
The lineup finally settled as Boz Martin-Jones, Frank Wright, Maggie Forés and Harris McMillan, old friends from nearby villages, were joined by Stefano Amoretti of Genova.
Five years of drifting in and out of folk night have shaped their music, with upright pianos, accordions and Amoretti’s collection of rustic instruments making regular appearances on stage. The countryside haunts of England and their enigmatic inhabitants are deeply rooted in the band’s self described ‘Barroom Ballads’.
Their first release ‘Dracula’s Toothache’ is out now on contemporary folk label Broadside Hacks.
Ticket price includes 50p venue levy.
VENUE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES:
- A mask must be worn when walking around the venue
- Please provide your track and trace details upon arrival
- Be mindful of 1-metre social distancing at all times
- Please sit only with people from your own household up to a maximum of 6
- Do not move any furniture
- Do not mingle with other groups or tables
- Please arrive with all of the people in your group at the same time
- You will be allocated seats upon arrival
- If you have individual tickets but plan to arrive with someone else from your household please arrive together to ensure ease
- There is no re-entry and no smoking during the event
- Drinks will be provided via table service
Presented by Broadside Hacks.
This is an 18+ event