4TH ANNUAL WEST ADAMS BLOCK PARTY
The 4th Annual West Adams Block Party returns on Labor Day Weekend – Sunday, September 6th at 12pm on LA’s historic West Adams Blvd. for a free celebration of unity, love, life, and culture. This family-friendly event will space six blocks on West Adams Blvd, from Delicious Pizza (5419 W Adams Blvd) to Fais Do Do (5257 W Adams Blvd).
The 4th Annual West Adams Block Party will multiple stages and dozens of live performances spanning Hip Hop, Reggae, Afrobeat, Cumbia, Funk, Dancehall, Latin Jazz, Soul, Salsa and Disco (2020 lineup TBA).
The event will be hosted by DJ QwessCoast and will also feature 50+ merchandise vendors and 15+ food vendors (see vendor list below).
Entry is all-ages and FREE with RSVP and REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
A limited number of V.I.P. TICKETS (premier seating, 2 drink tickets, poster) are also available for sale at dice.fm/wabp
Doors open at 12pm and the event ends at 8pm, followed by The Official After Party taking place at Fais Do Do (8pm - 2am)
- COMMUNITY PARTNERS * We'd like to offer our sincerest gratitude to the 2019 WEST ADAMS FAMILY COMMUNITY PARTNERS whose support is vital to this year's program
Alta Delicious Pizza Delicious Vinyl Delicious Vinyl Island Dreamhaus LA Elevate Culture Presents Embrace LA Fusicology Herb Wesson’s Office (District 10) Hulu Joymode Lets.Give Namaste Studios Rockenwagner Tecate Vital Proteins West Adams Family
Interested in becoming a partner for the 2020 West Adams Block Party? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
THINGS TO KNOW, CODE OF CONDUCT & FAQ (PLEASE READ)
THINGS TO KNOW
- Festival gates open at 12pm and the Block Party Ends at 8:00pm (After Party at Fais Do Do begins at 8pm)
- The event is rain or shine
- The block party is all-ages, family friendly and FREE WITH RSVP dice.fm/wabp
- VIP tickets are available for sale at dice.fm/wabp (21+ only)
- Those without an RSVP will be admitted, but it may take longer for you to get in
- Early arrival is encouraged to avoid longer than average wait times
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed (water bottles are ok)
- Parking is extremely limited. Uber and Lyft highly encouraged!
- Alcohol consumption will only be permitted in designated areas, which are exclusively 21+ (The Boomyard and Fais Do Do Stages)
- Acceptance of credit cards and/or cash will vary by vendor. ATMs will be available
CODE OF CONDUCT West Adams Block Party is committed to creating a safe and memorable experience. In order to provide an environment where families can enjoy the festival, we have instituted a CODE OF CONDUCT inside the venue. The following actions will result in warning and or ejection:
- Irresponsible use of alcohol
- Public nudity or obscene clothing
- Accessing seated/restricted areas without proper passes
- Taunting, abusive or disruptive language and obscene or offensive gestures, imagery or symbolism
- Urinating in public (anywhere other than a proper restroom)
- Damage, destruction, vandalism or theft of any property
- Possession/use/sale of illegal drugs and weapons
- Engaging in sexual behavior in public
- Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten or bring discomfort to anyone
- If an individual participating in this behavior is uncooperative or a persistent offender, he/she will be removed from the venue site and festival wristband revoked. In certain situations, the offender may be arrested.
What kind of passes are available? FREE EVENT WITH RSVP at dice.fm/wabp
Can I upgrade to VIP tickets at the event? Yes, when you got to dice.fm/wabp and click “BOOK NOW” you’ll have the option to select the “DELICIOUS VINYL V.I.P. BOOMYARD” Ticket. Please note, V.I.P. tickets are only 21+
Which Band/Artists will be playing each day? You can view the entire lineup by day at deliciouspizza.com/westadamsblockparty/2020
Is this event all ages? Yup!
What time does the Festival start? The gates will open at 12pm
What time does the Festival end? 8pm
Are there ins and outs? Yes, you will receive a wristband that will allow you to come and go. You may have to wait in line to get back in.
Where is the festival located? Between Fais Do Do (5257 W. Adams Blvd) which is where the main entrance is located and Delicious Pizza (5419 W. Adams Blvd) which is where the artist/VIP entrance, main stage and Boomyard Stage is located
What will parking be like? Depending on when you come, street parking will be incredibly limited.
How can I get there? We HIGHLY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO TAKE UBER OF LYFT, and have them drop you off and Fais Do Do / Main Entrance (5257 W. Adams Blvd). Artists, guests, partners and VIPs can come in through the entrance nearly Delicious on Ridgely Street
Will there be shade? There will be several shade structures, including the food/vendor area, the Roadblock Stage, Fais Do Do Stages (21+) and the Boomyard stage (21+)
Can I bring a chair? Unfortunately due to capacity and safety concerns, we can’t allow outside chairs in.
Will there be First Aid on site? Yes, medical stations will be clearly marked on EMT tents.
Can I bring my medical prescriptions (asthma, insulin, etc.)? As long as all medications are properly labeled with your name, phone number, and emergency contact. Names on prescriptions must match the person’s I.D.
Can I bring water into the festival? Outside food and beverages will not be permitted, however you can bring empty containers to refill at our free refillable water stations
Will there be water? Yup! There will be refillable water stations throughout the fest.
Will there be food and beverages? Of course! There will be over 15 food vendors and all of the restaurants within the WABP Perimeter will also be open for business.
Will there be vegetarian options in the Taste Tent? Absolutely!
Will there be ATM’s? No, so please bring credit cards and/or cash with you for purchasing food, drinks and merchandise.
Can I bring my Service Animal? Your service animal will be permitted into the event so long as they remain on a leash or held, and are wearing the appropriate vest or paraphernalia marking them as working or service.
ADA and Service Animal Guidelines: Typically service animals are permitted into events so long as they remain on a leash or held, and are wearing the appropriate vest or paraphernalia marking them as working or service. ADA guests who need to bring in outside food typically would be able to go in so long as gate security is aware. Last year this came up a handful of times and we told the guest and security that they needed to explicitly tell security it was for ADA needs.
ADA can go through a separate line, or a VIP line.
ADA guests do NOT have to provide any documentation that they are in need of the service assistance. It is fine to ask that the animal is wearing the appropriate vest or paraphernalia showing it is working or in service.
As it pertains to ADA viewing areas, ADA guests are allowed (1) companion to join them in the ADA viewing areas. The reason for not allowing more is to ensure there is enough space to accommodate all ADA guests.
Presented by Delicious Pizza, Delicious Vinyl & West Adams Family.
This is an all-ages event