THE COMET IS COMING
Join The Comet is Coming at Alexandra Palace for a socially distanced show. Tickets are purchased per table, with each table holding a maximum of 6 people.
The Comet is Coming is the soundtrack to an imagined apocalypse. In the aftermath of widespread sonic destruction what sounds remain? Who will lead the survivors to new sound worlds? Who will chart the new frontier?
In a warehouse somewhere in London 2013 a meeting would take place between three musical cosmonauts. They would pool their energies to build a vessel powerful enough to transport any party into outer space. Together they chart a path based on the encoded language of Sun Ra, Frank Zappa, Jimi Hendrix and the BBC Radiophonic Workshops from which the band's name emerged.
“If intergalactic jazz voyager Sun Ra had relocated to Cologne in 1971, he may well have made an album like this” MOJO
“The Comet Is Coming embraces stargazing psychedelia on its maiden voyage, outfitting spacey synth arrangements with taut saxophone riffs that spiral off into the inky abyss” Time Out, New York
Show times: Doors open at 6.30pm and the show will start at around 8.15pm. If you arrive later than 8.15pm you will still be admitted, though please arrive early to secure the best tables in your section
Alexandra Palace COVID-19 / Social Distancing Rules:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times whilst on site. Those who are ordering drinks at their table or have medical requirements are exempt from this.
- If you are showing any kind of symptoms please do not attend the event. Please inform us by contacting us on email@example.com.
- We request that tables take individual toilet and cigarette breaks, do not go in groups even if they are in your party/ bubble.
- Please remain socially distanced at all times throughout your visit to Alexandra Palace.
- Please remain in your group on your table unless you are going to the toilet, smoking or leaving the venue.
- Please be cautious to your fellow guests, show consideration and patience when queuing and moving around the venue.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at all performances, we encourage all guests to use this regularly and bring their own.
- Hats and caps etc. are not permitted to be worn inside the premises. Religious headwear is exempt from this.
- Please refrain from shouting inside the venue at all times.
- Please report any concerns or issues to the nearest member of staff as soon as possible.
Presented by Alexandra Palace & Thread Music
This is an 18+ event (Photo ID required)